Recently there was a news story in Port Orchard of a couple whose home had exploded and leveled their home. It damaged neighbors homes, and knocked numerous items from their shelves. Unfortunately both were killed in the blast, but it gave an opportunity to discuss a problem rarely addressed. The news reported of a likely propane leak as the cause of this accident. Over time pipes can become damaged and leaks can present themselves. Having someone inspect the gas lines for leaks is a quick and easy inspection. One of the most satisfying benefits of being a home inspector is finding safety hazards like this and quite possibly saving someones life. Let me recommend you have your furnace inspected at least once per year by a qualified inspector and prevent tragedies like this in your home.