Our Qualifications speak for themselves.
Every Certified Home Inspection also Includes the following:
- 3- to 4-hour home inspection on average where we inspect your entire home from top to bottom and front to back(watch this video of me performing an inspection);
- full-color home inspection report, that we go over with you and email before we leave your home;(download a sample report)
- free Home Energy Score/Report
- free homeowners newsletter and home maintenance book;
- free Infrared Scan
During a standard home inspection we inspect the structure, systems and components of the home, inside and out, from the foundation to the roof, using the latest tools and technology.
I encourage you to attend your inspection so that I can describe my process, explain my findings, point out important maintenance items, and answer all of your questions.
As a state licensed certified Professional home inspector trained by InterNACHI, I adhere to a comprehensive residential standard of practice. This means that I will inspect all of the following, when visable and accessible:
- Structural components
- Attic, ventilation, & insulation
- Exterior cladding
- porch & decking
- attached garage
- Electrical Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- HVAC Systems
- Interior, including: built-in appliances, walls,ceilings, floors, doors, windows/glazing
Following my evaluation, I will compile my findings in an easy-to-read report, which includes detailed descriptions and high resolution digital photos of any issues I've discovered. I'll email you your report the same day, and my job isn't finished until you understand everything in it.
Additional Services we offer include:
- Seller's Pre-Listing Inspection: Pre-Listing Are you selling a home? Let me inspect it before you even list it. A move in certified seller inspection alerts you to any defects or problems with your home so you can address them before prospective buyers discover them. You can take the time you need to obtain reasonable repair estimates. Show prospective buyers that you are dealing in good faith. Avoid 11th hour negotiations and delays, and justify your full asking price by having your home for sale inspected now.
- 4-Point Inspection: Many insurance companies require a 4-point inspection for homeowners insurance and renewals for an existing policy on an older home. The "four points" covered in this limited inspection includes the four vital systems of the home: The roof, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC. This inspection identifies their components, determines their age, and assesses their overall condition.
- Pool & Spa Inspection: Having a pool or spa is a great feature and really adds a quality of life to your home ownership experience. However, it comes with great responsibility for maintenance and care. Having it inspected ensures that you are getting an added value and not just taking on a mess. Trust us to inspect your Pool or spa before you buy or sell to prevent surprises and added headaches.
- Radon inspection: Radon is a odorless gas that is found in many homes in the countryand is known as the 2nd leading cause of lung cancer. Having a radon test done gives you peace of mind that your home is the safest place to breathe easy. (See what is Radon?).
- Lawn Sprinkler Inspection: Have us inspect the lawn sprinkler system and know it is operating properly. We will check the operation in each zone, identify portions that are not working, control head, and observe areas that are not covered or wasting water. If you own a sprinkler system it is highly recommended you have it checked.
- IR Inspections: Home Resource Inspectors are IR certified. An Infrared inspection can show defects in the home that can not be seen with the naked eye. It also provides a great tool when trying to find energy loss and added hidden costs. However, we use this as a tool, not as an exclusive service to keep your cost down. We include an IR scan with every home inspection.
- Home Energy Score: I include for Free with every home inspection a Home Energy report.
- Roof Inspection: Do you need just a roof inspection performed for insurance or other purposes? I will perform a standalone roof inspection & certification. I will evaluate your roof from the eaves, as well as walk it (when it is safe to do so) to assess its overall condition, including the presence and condition of flashing, as well as chimneys and other penetrations (vents, skylights, ect.).
- Deck Inspection: If you have either a DIY or professionally built deck, let me inspect it for critical safety features and structural strength, including: proper attachment to the home; proper deck board spacing; adequate bracing underneath; adequate infill spacing between balusters; secure posts and soil integrity; safe stair tread, and graspable handrails; safe clearences from power lines; electrical and lighting features; and more.
Currently Certified in:
- Certified Professional Inspector®
- Certified Roof Inspector
- Certified Chimney Inspector
- Pet Friendly Inspector
- Certified Pool & Spa Inspector
- Certified HVAC Inspector
- Certified Electrical Inspector
- Certified Pluming Inspector
- Certified Stucco/EIFS Inspector
- Certified Radon Inspector
- Certified Infrared Inspector